Sunday, March 11, 2012

A fast, hilly 60

Today I went against my training plan... and rode 60 miles on what was supposed to be an off day.

I couldn't help it! It was so sunny out! It was the last day of spring break! And yes, I confess that this was a premeditated crime against the training plan.

And, it was soooo sooo good. Even after 3,000+ feet of climbing, my legs aren't toast and my ankle is feeling fine.

Here's looking forward to TTT (team time trial) practice this week, in preparation for races in Philly next weekend!

----

On a deeper note, I keep on thinking that I should tell at least some of my teammates what is up - that I have an ileostomy. Clearly, some if not all of them have noticed that I wear an extra piece of clothing and am funny about what I eat. I feel like it would be helpful if everyone was on the same page. But, I'm not quite sure how to go about filling them in without making a little public service announcement at a team meeting. Telling everyone individually seems overly energy intensive. So far, our coach is the only one who knows what's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment