Thursday, December 3, 2015

What else have I been up to?

It's been a long long time since my last update. So, I'll fill in some of the blanks.

I'm still racing and training, and I've been racing in the elite field for a few years now. I won a USA Cycling development foundation award in 2014. I've attended two rounds of national competition and am preparing for my third this summer at elite track nationals. I'm now a member of the USA Cycling Sport Committees, as I was elected this fall. And, I've caused a bit of policy stir a few years ago as well.

While I've been quiet on ostomy issues, I've been doing quite a lot of writing about gender and sports. You can read about all of that here: thetcycle.com

I'm still me, but I've come out of my single-issue closet and am a more complete person now. It's an adjustment for everyone around me, and I'm thankful for having amazing friends.

Happy racing and riding!

-T

3 comments:

  1. Gutless so, so doesn't describe you. I have some experience of a few of the issues you write about - though I'm pretty securely woman/woman myself, five members of my immediate family are more complicated in one way or another. I have had to learn about these issues throughout my life, that's putting it simply. I found your blog because I wanted to know if I could cycle with an ostomy and now I find there is this other connection. I'm cheering for you, from across the pond. http://thecyclingstoma.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete