Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The beauty of a clean chain!

Tonight was bike maintenance and cleaning night! Gratuitous bike photos to follow!

Cleaning your chain and all other moving parts is incredibly important, if you care to keep your bike in any sort of good working order. I imagine I'm preaching to the choir here. But, in case you didn't know, there are a few really easy to use chain cleaning tools on the market that will save you time and make keeping everything running in good order a lot less of a chore. I use the Finish Line chain cleaner, which I think I picked up on sale online somewhere for around $20. It has cut an hour of work and clean up time down to about 10 minutes total.

 A clean chain is just so satisfying! And, downright pretty.

Check it out:



I also changed my tires because one of them was splitting. Blue!


And, now have filthy hands to show for my work...

No comments:

Post a Comment